Rotary Club of Lansing is unique in that it has a special committee dedicated to supporting international projects — especially those with ties back to Lansing. Each of our international projects has an involved Lansing Rotarian sponsor.
In 2014, our International Project support includes:
- Egypt – Living Skills for Poor Girls
- Global Grant Project with Rising Star
- Kenyan Orphanage
- Grace Care Center in Sri Lanka – providing computer equipment for this home for impoverished children and destitute seniors.
We also contribute on a regular basis to wider Rotary programs. For example, in lieu of a speaker’s gift for our outstanding guest speakers, we make a donation in their name toward biosand water filters, which help provide clean drinking water to people in underdeveloped areas across the world.
In 2012, our International Project support includes:
- Uganda: Nyaka AIDS Orphan Project
- India: Rising Star Leprosy − Children’s Dental Care
- Sudan: Rescue Southern Sudan Village People
- India and Nepal: Border Transit Shelter